"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Matthew 11: 28
If you harbor loneliness or indifference, Vicki Hinze's Forget Me Not will hit close to home. Do you wonder if you are truly forsaken in this world abandoned, unknown...or forgotten? Are you aware of the Higher presence to whom you matter most?
"Even when we forget who we are, at core level we remember whose we are." ~ Vicki Hinze
A fast run from start to finish, Forget Me Not forces you to the edge of your seat dealing with both mystery and romance braided within this remarkable tale. The characters, especially those of Kelly, Ben and Peggy, are very well developed and each possess enough three-dimensional presence to pull the reader into their world. The main character's cemented devotion to God is unshakeable despite the terrors of hell that she has experienced. The childhood recollection nearly rips my heart out. Although the criminal suspense never ends, the questionable romance and sincere emphasis on faith are the heart of the story.
Forget Me Not wraps up with a reflective meditation comprised of in-depth questions backed by biblical verses to correlate the strategic situations in life as portrayed in the story. The book also concludes with a lovely letter from Hinze addressed to the reader stating her origin for the story from Matthew 11:28.
The premise of this story caught my eye immediately. It is exactly the type of suspense I look for, and I got what I wanted with Forget Me Not. I could not put the book down from the moment I read the first couple of pages, and Hinze keeps the suspense going to the very last page. The sense of being lost and indifferent is profoundly vivid, all the more testing, yet enhancing the ultimate connection to our Creator.
"That horrible loneliness, so painful and heavy it can't be acknowledged, because if it is, its weight crushes the spirit." ~ (Forget Me Not, p.144)
It is a new journey for me this year to delve into stories with a Christian premise or influence, and I cannot reiterate enough how refreshing and warming this is. Forget Me Not is a fantastic example of Christian fiction with superb quality. I will definitely be checking out more of Hinze's other work.
Vicki Hinze is an award-winning author of 23 novels, three nonfiction books, and hundreds of articles. Selected for Who’s Who in America in 2004 as a writer and educator, Hinze is active in Romance Writers of America and serves as a Vice President on the International Thriller Writers Board of Directors. Vicki lives in Florida with her artist husband, a retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel.
Visit the author's website
Preview and Purchase at WaterBrook Multnomah
This book was won courtesy of WaterBrook Multnomah


